The Nightingale Nd the Rose


I read "The Nightingale and the Rose" written by Oscar Wilde.

“Here is a true lover,” says the Nightingale, “I sing about his suffering. I sing about his pain. Love is wonderful thing. Love is more precious than emeralds, and dearer than fine opals. You cannot find it in the market or measure its weight in gold.”

This word her said impressed me. Certainly, love cannot be bought with money. Nightingale , who understands it better than humans and cares for one person, was very kind. I want to be able to think like her.

“Death is a high price to pay for a red rose,” says the Nightingale. “Life is precious. But Love is better than Life. And the heart of a man is better than the heart of a bird.”

I was sad when I read this scene. It is because Nightingale says that life is more important than love but she says her life is less important than human life. I wanted her to think that the lives of humans and birds, the lives of creatures, are all the same weight.

The Student looks up from the grass and listens. But he cannot understand what the Nightingale is saying to him, because he only knows the things that he reads in his books.

I don’t like this student. The Nightingale tell him to important things, he can’t understand what she is saying. I was very frustrated. I wanted him to know what Nightingale thought and what happened last.

コメント

人気の投稿