Anne of Green Gables


I read “Anne of Green Gables”.

The girl hot into the buggy and Matthew drove home. The child talked and talked. Matthew listened. He was a quiet man and he was usually afraid of little girls. But he liked listening to this girl’s conversation. (p,2)

This scene shows Matthew taking Anne to his house. I like Anne’s talking too. She is very talkative and full of imagination so her story is very interesting.

“The minister talked for a long time, but he wasn’t very interesting. But there’s going to be a party next week for the children of Avonlea. That’s exciting. Please, Marilla, can I go too?” “Yes, of course,” answered Marilla. “Oh, thank you, Marilla!” said Anne. She put her arms around Marilla. Marilla felt happy. “I’m starting to love this child,” she thought. (p,14)

I like this scene because Marila, who hated Anne at first, began to take care of her. I have a grandmother so I can understand Anne's feeling. 

"Thank you," she said coldly. "Please let's be friends," said Gilbert. "I was rude about your hair in school, and I'm sorry. But your hair is very pretty now." "No," said Anne. "I'll never be friend with you!" "All right," said Gilbert angrily. "I'll never ask you again!"

I can't understand Anne's feeling. Gilbert did what she hated most but He helped her an apologized about it. So I think she should have forgiven him here. 




コメント

人気の投稿