The Happy Prince


I read "The Happy Prince".

“Can I love you?” the Swallow asks. The Reed bows. He flies round and round her. He touches the water with his wings. This is his courtship, and it lasts all through the summer. “He is silly,” the other swallows laugh, “She has no money, and too many relations,” and indeed the river is full of reeds.

I like this scene. In this scene, the swallow loves the reed. I thought he is cute because he fell in love with plants, not swallows. This swallow is unusual but takes care of his favorite feeling.

“No, little Swallow,” says the poor Prince. “Go away to Egypt.” “No, I want to stay with you always,” says the Swallow. And he falls asleep at the prince’s feet. All the next day he sits on the Prince’s shoulder, and tells him stories about strange lands. He tells him about the red ibises.

I like swallow’s stories. He tells about various views of the world to prince who have only seen the city. He is very kind. He stayed in town for Prince though he really wanted to go to Egypt. He helped many people. I respect him.

He knows that it is time for him to die. He flies up to the Prince’s shoulder once more. “Goodbye, dear Prince!” he whispers. “Can I kiss your hand?” “I am happy that you are going to Egypt at last, little Swallow,” says the Prince. “Kiss me on the lips, for I love you.” “I am not going to Egypt,” says the Swallow. And he kisses the Happy Prince on the lips, and falls down dead at his feet.

I was very sad when I read this scene. The prince thinks the swallow will go to Egypt. But he dead. The swallow died unnoticed by Prince. I want the swallow to be happy afterlife.

コメント

人気の投稿