FLY AWAY HOME

I read "FLY AWAY HOME".

“I’ll do it tomorrow,” Dad said quietly. “You’ll remember it then.” “I don’t remember it,” I said, I sat down on the bed. This place is mess, I thought. I don’t want to live here – without Mum. I want him to go. Now. (p,2)

I think her sadness was so great that her mom was gone and she came to unfamiliar place. It’s natural she seeks her mother because she is young. If I were in her situation, I would miss my mother.

“Amy,” Susan said. She put her arms round me. “Now listen to me. Can you listen? I can’t be your mother. Nobody can. I don’t want to be your mother. But I can be your friend. Let’s be friends. And I promise nothing is going to happen to your geese. That’s a promise.” “How can,” she said. “OK? I promise.” I sat next to her on the floor. It was – it was good. (p.15)

I was moved by Susan’s words. Certainly people cannot substitute for others. But we can help a sad people in a different way. She understood Amy and said that she wanted to be friends not Amy’s mother. Amy was able to forgive her heart thanks to these words.

Slowly, I took the geese down to the water of the marsh, to their new home. Home. My geese were home. “You’re home now,” I said, “You’re home.” I took Igor out of the plane. He ran to his brothers and sisters. They all knew they were home. Dad, Susan, Barry and David ran to me. I started to laugh and I cried too. I heard Mum say, “I’ll be back…” (p,38)


I’m glad when I read this scene that Amy found her geese’s home. When she first came home, Amy was alone and didn’t trust anyone. However, by the time she found geese’s home, she also become family of her father, Susan, Barry and David. Then she found her place. I thought Amy could grow up thanks to them


コメント

人気の投稿